Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) has agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act. Senator Moran previously sponsored the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Reauthorization Act in 2015. Never Forget the Heroes: Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act (S. 546) (“Never Forget the Heroes Act“). Senator Moran joins Republican Senators Senator Blunt joins Republican Senators Roy Blunt (R-MO), Susan Collins (R-ME), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Cory Gardner (R-CO), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK).
The goals of the Never Forget the Heroes Act are to:
- Permanently fund the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund (9/11 VCF)
- Extend the deadline beyond 2020 to 2090
- Roll back the recently announced 50 to 70% compensation cuts
- Pay claimants in full if they received awards that were cut due to the funding crisis
- Return to paying claimants in full
So far, thirty U.S. Senators have agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act. Of those thirty senators, only six are Republican. Senator Moran’s support stands out as one of only six out of forty-six Senate Republicans to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act.
Of the seventy Senators who have not yet agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act, forty-six are Republicans and twenty-four are Democrats.
Click here to find out if your Member of Congress support the Never Forget the Heroes Act. If they do, thank them. If they don’t, ask for their support.